Welcome To Glitch
This tutorial will let you know the basics so you can become the Top Hacker, but be warned - others want that #1 spot too!
Please read this before asking any questions in chat!
Glitch is a hacking simulator where you attack other players and complete missions to earn money. Use that money to upgrade your system and become the most powerful player in the game and get to the top. Compete with friends and create a network to team up and attack other networks.
Become the top hacker with the highest score on the leaderboard. This is accomplished by using the hacking console to hack other players and earning rep. In addition, the money you gain from missions and hacking players can be used in the upgrades section. Every upgrade will add 1 point towards your score.
Everything in the game can be accessed on any page by using the three options on the bottom of your screen. These options are menu, home, and chat. The menu button allows you to open the menu drawer on the left side and go anywhere in the game. The home button will take you right to the home page. The chat button will open the global chat in the right side drawer.
Directory Layouts and Page Navigation
Everything is divided into directories to make it easy to navigate from one area to another. As you begin, it is important to note where certain items are.
- Hacking Console- Primary location to find targets and hack them for rep and money.
- Hacking tools- Items that can be used to protect you or give you an advantage in the game for short periods of time.
- Upgrades- This is where you can find all your offensive, defensive, and system upgrades. As you earn money, be sure to spend it and get more powerful.
- Hacking Resources- Resources including your bank, adware, spyware, IP database, and your defensive hacking logs.
- Networks- The directoy that helps you work with and be part of the multi-player part of the game
- Missions- This is where you will find our tournaments, lottery, and other missions to earn extra cash outside of just hacking.
The tutorial will go into more detail throughout the tutorial.
This will be one of your most viewed screens.
On this screen you will see 9 possible targets at any one time. When the target is gray, they are hackable. When they are blue, that means you’ve already hacked them using one of the three possible attacks and you are still on cooldown. In addition, you can add spyware, adware, or copy the IP to store in your IP Database (discussed in hacking resources below).
You have three types of attacks, all with different strengths and cool down periods. You can also leverage resources when attacking.
- Brute Force- A basic attack that steals 20% of target's money. This attack has a 30 minute cooldown.
- Root Kit- A slightly more advanced attack that steals 30% of the target's money. This attack has a 1 hour cooldown.
- Zero Day- Need big bucks quick? Use this and steal 40% of the target’s money! This attack has a 2 hour cooldown.
Resources help protect your money as well as provide extra abilities to attack players. To be a top player, you should learn how to leverage all of your resources.
- Bank- A safe way to store your hard earned cash away from hackers greedy fingers.
- Spyware- Found a big fish? Someone you hate? Place spyware on them so you can always see how much money they're holding and their defenses in case you need to buff your attack up. This can be removed if they see it.
- Adware- Feeling lazy? Lay some adware and take money every hours regardless if you've hacked or not! Adware only takes 5% every hour. This also can be removed if they notice it.
- IP Database- If you find an IP that consistently gives you a lot of money or reputation, then save it by copying the IP and adding the name.
- Hacking Logs- This comes in handy to see who has hacked you and how much cash and reputation they took.
There are two types of cash in this game, regular and premium (known as Virtual Currency or VC).
Virtual Currency (VC)
is available through offers in small quantities or by purchasing through the in-game shop. It allows the purchase of premium items (such as boosters).
Regular Currency is available all throughout and will be the base of what helps you improve to claim the spot as the #1 hacker.
Hacking tools are very powerful and can help protect you as well as giving you an advantage to upgrade quickly in the game!
- IP Change- Too many people have your IP and you are getting hacked too often? Do a quick IP change and fix that problem!
- Shields- You are unhackable! You may still hack and now you won't have to worry about being hacked back while you are saving for big upgrades and attacking the big guys. Each shield lasts 15 minutes and is available once per hour.
- Stat Boosters- Having issues hacking people above you? A stat booster will boost your stats by 20% for 15 minutes. Available once per hour.
- Revenue Boosters- Don’t have a lot of time but need upgrades? Use a revenue booster and increase the amount you hack by 20% for 15 minutes. Available once per hour.
Upgrading components will allow you to progress through the game. Upgrades allow you to hack and defend against other players, increase the power of your resources, and upgrades go towards your leaderboard score.
- Offense- Offensive components will allow you to better attack players with attack types and adware/spyware. If you cannot successfully attack players, focus on increasing your offensive components.
- Defense- Are you getting hacked too much? Sounds like you need to upgrade your defense. Upgrading defense will protect you from other players and keep your money safe.
- Systems- System components increase your overall system and resources. Increase how much your bank can hold, help stay hidden in the console, and prevent your upgrade levels from being visible to others by upgrading these items.
- SDK adds offensive power to all attack types.
- Antivirus adds defensive power to all defense types.
- Brute Force attacks are blocked with Firewall.
- Root Kit attacks are blocked with IPS.
- Zero Day attacks are blocked with HDS.
- Spyware and Adware are blocked with Cryptography.
- Scan will allow you to get past opponents VPN to connect and see their stats.
Being a part of a network allows you to play with friends to help each other, level up, and attack other networks. Playing as part of a team will allow you to gain leverage in all aspects of the game to help you and your friends to dominate the leader boards.
Creating a Network- If you want to be the leader and create your own network, just simply create a network name and promote it in the chats!
- Joining a Network- If you know of a network you want to be part of, search for it, and send a request. The leader will receive it and then either accept or deny your request.
- Member List- The member list allows you to view requests into the network, see who is part of your network, and allows you to manage your members (member, co-lead, and leader).
- Network Upgrades (coming soon)- Networks have their own special stats to increase several aspects including allowing more members, additional resource sharing, and increasing collaboration.
- Network Chat- Share IPs, discuss strategy, and chat with your network members in your own private chat room.
- Network Resources (coming soon)- Share resources with each other to help newer members level up quicker.
- Network IP Database (coming soon)- Share your best IP targets with other members in your network.
- Network Bank (coming soon)- Donate to the network to level up your stats or to share with other network members. Leaders will be allowed to put restrictions on how much members can withdraw each day.
Network Wars (coming soon)
Network wars allows you to search, find, and destroy other networks. Be sure your network discusses strategies to best attack and win!
- War Upgrades- Network offensive and defensive components will be key in attacking and boosting players to attack other network members.
- Cyberwar- The Cyberwar field is where you can watch and participate in the battle. Be sure you monitor it through the duration and strategize to pull out a last minute victory.
- Logs- Shows historical wars and your win/loss record. See who you lost to in the past and get revenge as you increase your stats.
- War resources- What's a war without added resources to make it more interesting? Leverage resources to get the edge in attacks.
Missions allow players to earn money outside hacking each other. Take advantage of the missions and earn a lot of money for upgrades.
- Lottery- Purchase a ticket for 1M to be entered into the drawing. You can purchase up to 100 tickets per round. The lottery chooses a winner randomly every hour. The lottery can get up to several billion dollars at a time! Don't miss out.
- Tournaments- Tournaments run all day and you can join a tournament at any time. Don't have much time, pick a shorter tournament! Want to grind for the day, do a 24 hour endurance tournament! You cannot be in more than one tournament at a time and you cannot be in overlapping tournaments, so make sure you choose wisely. Big prizes and payouts await!
Message anyone privately, conspire and blackmail, #wannacry anyone? Simply type in the player’s name in the to field and send a message. They will get notified and can reply directly.
Interact with other players, moderators, and the Developers. The rules are at the top and you can turn the profanity filter on or off depending on how you clean you want it. You can private message (+playername or clicking name and selecting private message, messages are purple), mention by just writing their name (mentions pop up in red). Be fun, be nice, and behave!
You can see all rankings and how hard you need to work! Leaderboard is based off numbers of upgrades acquired (+1 rep for each upgrade) and rep earned from hacking other players.
The store allows you to purchase VIP access to the game at a monthly cost. You can also buy VC to use in game to leverage tools and resources to be more powerful.
Rewards (Coming Soon)
Daily goals and milestones are there so you can track and collect to earn money and VC.
Strategies and Tips
- Leverage your hacking tools. Use shields to prevent getting hacked back. Use boosters to gain more money and attack higher level players.
- Think about how long you are playing at one time and how often you can get back on. If you can be on longer times, attack with lower level attack types so you can hack more frequent. If you only have a little bit of time, do max damage and attack with more powerful attacks.
- Leverage the missions to earn extra cash while you are hacking.
- Leverage your resources. Use adware and earn money while you are sleeping. Put spyware on people who you see are active or recently attacked you and monitor their money to attack at the right time.
- Monitor your defense logs. Did someone just hack you and take a lot of money? Quick, hack them back before they spend it to get it back. Chances are if they hacked you, they are hacking many and they probably have more money to hack back than they got from you.
- Leverage your network and work as a team to grow together.
- Have balanced components. You can only get so good with no defenses. Be sure to level all stats and a complete player system.
Have Suggestions for Tutorial?
Is the tutorial out of date, missing something, or providing wrong info? Let us know by contacting us at support.glitchednet.com and we will be sure to get it updated for you!